6 Deductions that will Impact TSC Teachers’ Pay slips August 2023 Teachers employed by Teachers Service Commission (TSC) will have to face 6 deductions on their August 2023 pay slips. The teacher’s employer is also expected to increase teacher’s salary between 7-10% Below are the deductions that will Impact TSC teachers’ pay slips August 2023 MANDATORY DEDUCTIONS
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) (30%)
- Provident Fund (7.5%) the Provident Fund is a mandatory deduction for TSC teachers aged 45 years and below.
- Union Dues
- Housing fund deduction (1.5%) Teachers will meet a new deduction on their August pay slips. The Housing Tax will be equivalent to 1.5% of gross pay. The employer will match the amount.
- Loan and Premium deductions
- National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) deduction (2.75%) National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) deduction will be effected to enhance equality in payment.