TSC Requirements for Appointment to SENIOR TEACHER II – T-SCALE 7 – Primary School
SENIOR TEACHER II – T-SCALE 7
This is a promotional grade and an entry to the administrative cadre. Promotion to this grade will be competitive and subject to availability of vacancies in the establishment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
To qualify for appointment to the grade of Senior Teacher II, a teacher must: –
1. Have served as Primary Teacher I T-Scale 6 for a minimum period of three (3) years.
2. Have a valid Teaching Certificate.
3. Have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules.
4. Have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal process.
5. Demonstrate ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to other teachers.
6. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
7. Meet any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.
Also Read: TCS Promotion to Primary Teacher I-T-Scale 6
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of a teacher at this level shall be to:-
1. Prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation.
2. Teach the subjects of specialization to impart knowledge and skills to the learners.
3. Evaluate the learners on subjects of specialisation and prepare them for national and other examinations.
5. Embrace teamwork through collaborative planning and teaching to ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery.
4. Provide new ideas and programmes to ensure improvement in teaching and learning in the subjects of specialisation.
6. Provide guidance and counseling services to learners to instill norms and values for harmonious co-existence.
7. Serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create conducive environment for learning.
8. Organize remedial actions to support learners with performance gaps;
9. Organize workshops/seminars/ symposiums to share ideas, and further knowledge in subjects areas.
10. Collect, collate and maintain all school records such as; enrolment, teaching and learning resources, evaluation records, attendance registers.
11. Organize and coordinate school based in-service programmes to build teachers capacity for improved teaching and learning.
12. Engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities so as to identify nurture and develop talents; serve as secretary to the school disciplinary committee.
13. Organize school based and zonal subject panels to facilitate sharing of knowledge, innovations and new trends.
14. Coordinate gender mainstreaming issues for teachers and learners in curricular and co-curricular activities such as sports to ensure gender equity, equitable participation and maximization of potential of teachers and learners.
15. Ensure discipline in school and arbitrate disputes among learners.
16. Ensure safety and health of learners.
17. Ensure cleanliness of the school compound and tidiness of learners.
Any other duty as may be assigned.