PRIMARY TEACHER I- T-SCALE 6
This is a promotional grade for primary school teachers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
To qualify for promotion to the grade of Primary Teacher I, a teacher must:-
1. Have served as Primary Teacher II T-Scale 5 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
2. Have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules;
3. Have a valid Teaching Certificate;
4. Have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal process;
5. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution; and
6. Have demonstrated mastery of classroom management;
7. Any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of a teacher at this level shall be to:-
1. Prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation:-
2. Teach the subjects of specialization and impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to learner.
3. Ensure safety and health of learners.
4. Introduce new ideas and programmes for improvement in teaching and learning in subjects of specialisation.
5. Evaluate the learners in subjects of specialisation and prepare learners for national and other examination.
6. Ensure cleanliness of the school compound and tidiness of learners.
7. Participate in workshops/seminars/symposiums to share ideas, and enhance knowledge in subject areas.
8. Serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create a conducive environment for learning;
9. Ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery through teamwork and collaborative planning.
10. Engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities so as to identify, nurture and develop talents.
11. Organize remedial actions for learners with performance gaps.
12. Provide guidance and counseling services to learners to instill norms and values for harmonious co-existence.
Any other duty assigned as per the TSC code of regulations.