PRIMARY TEACHER II T-SCALE 5
Appointment to Primary Teacher II T-Scale 5
To qualify for appointment to this grade, a teacher must:-
1. Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean Grade C (Plain) or other recognized equivalent qualifications;
2. Have a Primary Teacher Certificate (PTE) or its approved equivalent;
3. Have been registered as a teacher and in possession of a valid Teaching Certificate;
4. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution; and
5. Any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.
Duties and responsibilities
This is the entry grade for primary school teachers. The duties of a teacher at this level shall be to:-
1. Prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation.
2. Teach the subjects of specialization and impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to the learner.
3. Evaluate learners in subjects of specialization and prepare them for national and other examinations.
4. Introduce new ideas and programmes to ensure improvement in teaching and Learning in the subjects of specialisation.
Also Read: TCS Promotion to Primary Teacher I-T-Scale 6
5. Ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery through teamwork and collaborative planning.
6. serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create a conducive environment for learning.
7. Provide guidance and counselling services to learners to instill norms and values for harmonious co-existence.
8. Ensure safety and health of learners.
9. Ensure cleanliness of the school compound and tidiness of learners.
10. Participate in workshops/seminars/symposiums to share ideas, and enhanced knowledge in the subject areas.
11. Engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities so as to identify, nurture and develop talents.
12. Organize remedial actions to support learners with performance gaps.
Any other duty assigned as per the TSC code of regulations.