The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) disburses loans to university students before the start of new semesters.
Loanees have two ways to access the HELB loan; either through their bank accounts- or mobile banking apps.
Herein is the process of accessing HELB funds through M-PESA wallet for withdrawal and other services.
1. Download the M-PESA mobile application from Google App or Apple Store to access your funds through the mobile money service provider.
Note: First-time app users must sign up using the registered M-PESA number and details, while those with an existing account should proceed to sign in.
2. Once you have an account, log in to access the homepage and explore the options available on the interface.
3. Click on the education option, under the “services” option, to open the window and select HELB from the categories available.
4. Register on the HELB mini-app after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
5. Sign in; you will receive a verification code which is required for you to log in.
6. Once the login is successful, select the withdraw option to transfer the money to your normal M-PESA account.
The M-PESA wallet was introduced in 2021 in a partnership between HELB and Safaricom.
According to the two entities, the move aimed at ensuring convenience for loanees and promoting responsibility in using the funds.