Do you know that your son or daughter has a comprehensive Health Cover for Public Secondary school Form 1- 4 by the Government and the NHIF.
They are covered in both Outpatient and In-patient. They can access foreign medical care, from India or any other Country (Oversea Treatment) and you do not have to pay any cent. (After Preauthorization)
1. Outpatient benefits
– Medical, Drugs, Optical, Dental, Radiology
– Ct-scan, MRI Oncology and Dialysis
– Inpatient – admission- surgeries-etc. Your Child can be admitted to Mater, Agha-khan Nairobi or any other hospital and access specialists in that cover
– Drugs and Substance, Rehabilitation Counseling has been taken care of in the Cover
– No need to do Fundraising or Whats app Harambees – recently a student who incurred a bill of 10 million from Alliance High School was all paid-by the the Ministry of education through Edu Afya cover.
-In case of Death, in an event where a student dies, the parent are given 100,000 as the last expense.
If your Child died between 2018 ( When the Cover was started) to 2021 you can still claim the money- only need to take Nemis Number, Death Certificate and Birth certificate of the deceased,
Personal Accident. if a child is involved in a an accident the student is supposed to be paid Ksh.400,000
Emergency Evacuation- You can get ambulances, air evacuation for that cover in case of an accident to your child- in that cover
Road Ambulance Emergency Services- 0738395395
Ensure your child has NEMIS Number, and the Head teacher has registered your son or daughter for a UPI (Unique Person Identifier) number and Student NHIF Number.
-No Nemesis No. No NHIF no.
NHIF Toll Free Number 800720601 24hrs