This is for individuals who are professionals/ consultants and have received a withholding income tax certificate.
You will be required to prepare a schedule of income chargeable to tax and allowable expenses. Those with audited return can use the forms to fill their returns
For individuals, it is not mandatory to have your account/books audited by an external auditor.
- Log in to the iTax portal. https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- Update your professional details in iTax.
- Click on the file returns box and click on the links to download the return form.
- Fill the excel/ ODS Return form.
- Upload the Excel/ODS Return form using the browse button
- Fill in the information required including the type of return and the return period.
- Section A – Answer Yes when asked if you have any income other than employment income.
- From your schedule of account, you can input all the relevant details of incoming profits and losses.
- The different types of expenses have been highlighted, it is for you to input where relevant.
- In the next sheet capture the liabilities and assets of your business.
- Once completed filling all the relevant fields, upload the file.