Filing PAYE (Pay As You Earn) Returns Online
PAYE (Pay as You Earn) is a method of tax deduction from employees’ salaries or wages and it applies to all income from any office or employment.
- Log on to https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/ from your browser
- Enter your KRA PIN, click Continue. Enter Password and Security Stamp (answer to arithmetic sum) and Click login
- Under the returns section, click on file returns then select Income Tax followed by the PAYE option.
- Click on the returns tab and then the last item ITR for employment income
- Fill in the sections marked with a red asterisk (*) on Section A.
- Then in section T, only two sections are necessary section 1.1 and 2.5
- Move on to Section F and fill out your Total Employment Income.
- Click on the section M tab and check that taxable salary, tax payable on taxable salary and tax deducted salary tally the information reflected on your P9 form.
- Next in Section Q, fill in the tax paid in advance if applicable. This is the last section requiring information to fill in the return section. Once completed, click submit.
If successful, a tab will appear on your screen with the text, “return slip generated’. You can then click on the download returns slip to get your slip, which you can then send to yourself via email or print.