Leadership is the ability to influence the actions of others in a systematic manner, around a clearly defined and shared strategy, towards a common desired goal in a timely fashion. A leader must have aura and charisma. To achieve this parents have to offer solid support to their children and help them grow as leaders of tomorrow.
Here are simple steps to raise your child as a leader.
- Avoid giving your child everything he asks for. He will grow up believing that he has the right to get everything he wants.
- Avoid laughing when your child speaks insulting words. He will grow up thinking that disrespect is entertainment.
- Avoid remaining insensitive to bad behavior that he can display without scolding him for his bad behavior. He will grow up thinking that there are no rules in society.
- Avoid picking up anything that your child messes up. He will grow up believing that others must take responsibility for his responsibilities.
- Avoid letting him watch any program on TV. He will grow up thinking that there is no difference between being a child and being an adult.
- Avoid giving your child all the money he asks for. He will grow up thinking that getting money is easy and will not hesitate to steal for it.
- Always avoid putting yourself on his side when he is wrong against the neighbors, his teachers, and the police. He will grow up thinking that everything he does is right, it is the others who are wrong.
- Avoid leaving him alone at home when you go to the place of worship, otherwise he will grow up thinking that he don’t need to worship.