The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) set hire secondary and primary school teachers under permanent and pensionable terms of service. SC has advertised through its website vacancies for 1,100 vacancies for secondary schools and 5,474 primary school teachers. These vacancies are meant to replace teachers who have exited service through natural attrition.
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following basic requirements:
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must be a holder of a P1 certificate in the case of primary schools and a minimum of a diploma in education in the case of secondary schools;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under ‘Careers’ or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 14th September, 2020.
Specific information on available vacancies per county/or schools is in the Commission’s
Please note that:
- To qualify for appointment on permanent and pensionable terms of service, a candidate should be eligible to serve for a minimum period of ten (10) continuous years, effective from the date of first appointment as required by law;
- The Teachers service commission recruitment guidelines 2020/2021 shall apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In the case of primary schools, successful candidates will be posted to serve in any part of the country where vacancies exist and not necessarily in the county where they were recruited.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original professional and academic certificate.
- successful candidates must not fill more than one Application for Employment Forms. Filling of two or more Application for Employment Forms will lead to disqualification;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers Service Commission;
- Manual applications will not be accepted.
- For detailed information on available vacancies per county/or schools, applicants are advised to visit the TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission would wish to forewarn applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director – Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address email@example.com