Have you ever been in a conflict with a student in a classroom!
Have students once crossed your lane!
This will be the name of the game in the first week after school resume.
Here are a few practical suggestions for dealing with an angry pupil who is defying your authority and is out of control.
1. Do not raise your voice, use a normal tone.
2. Try to remain calm and rational.
3. Do not touch an angry student.
4. Be reassuring to the student and the class. Explain the importance of protecting the right of each child to learn.
5. Talk of options to resolve the conflict.
6. Send another student for help. The student should be told to go to the nearest office to summon assistance from the administration.
7. After the incident is over, immediately document everything that happened. This documentation should include time, name of student(s) involved, brief description of the event that occurred.
This report should be submitted to the administration.
Lastly you should keep a copy for all future conference with school administration or parents regarding the incident.